Cover bands are considered “second best” to the original act. Amateurs cover the songs of established bands and sometimes aren’t good. But others are great. Even established artists cover the songs of the originals.
Dolly Parton’s remake of Jerry Lee Lewis’s “Great Balls of Fire” is awesome.
Here I provide several reasons why cover bands rock.
- They are fans of the band.
- They have listened to every detail, you know the stuff you like in the original act.
- They understand every riff and pay it tight.
- The true cover band is devoted to authenticity. Ironic right! They want that sound and work to duplicate it.
- Even original bands slowly turn into cover bands when they change members
I may add photos of good cover bands later. This page is a work in progress.
If you have a good cover band leave a comment with a link.